A social media analysis/audit is part of the right bait portion of the social sea theory and the right location. This one overlaps a little into these two sections. So during the right bait part, a content marketing will be conducted. There were 10 steps to content marketing which were: 1) set your mission and goals, 2) establish your business objectives and KPIs (key performance indicators), 3) perform a digital marketing analysis, 4) create a content marketing plan, 5) create a digital marketing plan, 6) create content calendars, 7) produce content, 8) distribute and market that content, 9) measure your results, and 10) repeat steps 6-9 until your digital marketing campaign has been completed. Then after the campaign has been completed you assess your strategy. The social media audit is part of the digital marketing analysis.
There are 9 steps to a social media analysis, which are:
- Take inventory of all your social media accounts
- List your mission and business goals that you made during your content marketing and list KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) based on this information
- Discover who your potential buyer is and build brand personas.
- Make sure all of your social media accounts are cohesive and match with your brand’s voice, mission, etc.
- Take a deeper look into your analytics and figure out which ones to use. There is a lot of analytics and different ones give you information on different goals. Once you know what your business goals, mission, and KPI’s are you should be able to discover which analytics are going to be able to help you assess the effectiveness of your content.
- List the posts that resonate with your audience best and the type of content
- Assess your social media funnel.
- Look at other social media platforms and assess current ones to discover if there are any that need to be added or taken away.
- Come up with your action plan by doing a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats).
For more on this check out the Social Sea Podcast. The episode on a social analysis/audit will launch on Aug. 12, 2021. If you have any questions or would like more assistance with consulting go to my contact page for info.